Monday, February 23, 2009

On Tuesday, February 17, Christina Newberg passed away in Rome. A memorial service was held at the Rome Baptist Church on Saturday the 21st. If you would like to see pictures of Christina and of the memorial service in Rome please click on her portrait to the right.

There will also be a memorial service on Friday, February 27th, for those family and friends who can attend. It will be held at The Community Covenant Church in Springfield, Virginia. Click here for directions.

Christina had friends and family all over the world, and the Newbergs understand that many will not be able to attend a memorial service. This blog is an opportunity for any one that knew her, or knew the Newberg family, to post stories, memories, or anything else they might like to share by adding a comment below.

If you have photos or videos of Christina that you would like to share, just send an email to fotoqanda@gmail.com with your picture or video as an attachment and we will see that it gets posted. If you have pictures already in a web album, like a Flickr page, just send a link to the email address and we will post it.

Also, if you have a longer story that you would like to see posted, send it to the email address above. Stories can be sent either as text in an email or as an attachment. Any format is accepted. Please understand that all materials will be screened prior to posting.

Thank you for coming and thank you for your support.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! My heart just stopped and broke. I remember when Ginny and Richard adopted Christina. The Newbergs lived around the corner from me when I was 10 years old in Bamako. As a foreign service brat I had the honor and privilege to know and genuinely love this family! I was always at Ginny's house, our most favorite thing to do was ceramics. I remember when the Newbergs brought her home. The ONE thing I loved the most about Christina when she was baby she would sing in her crib at only a few months old. I have been trying to find the Newbergs for years. Our families were close. So, when I finally find Ginny I see this heartbreak and Richard as well. I was hoping to see Christina because I have seen her since she was a little, BEAUTIFUL, bright eyed babygirl. If you are still reading these comments Ginny PLEASE email me at the address on this post or look at your messages on facebook. I love you!! Christina, I wish I could have known you as a young woman but I am so honored and blessed to know you when you came into this world!!!

    ReplyDelete